Is it #TacoTuesday yet? 🌮
I could make this meal every day for the rest of my life and would be highly satisfied. It’s just that good!
Keep in mind, even though my favorite version of this recipe includes several types of “kick”, you can adjust according to taste if you are making it for your kiddos too. Sometimes, I just throw the wanted ingredients into a separate pan for my daughter, mash it up with some avacodo, and she usually demolishes it.
It wasn’t until the day I was in full “don’t want to dirty any dishes” mode, when I cooked up this lazy recipe. Even the simplest thing like “assembling my taco” made my head spin. So I thought, why not just chop it all up and throw it all together in a pan? It must taste better that way, right? RIGHT!
You will need:
1 pound ground turkey or beef
1 can black beans
1 can white shoepeg corn
2 diced Roma tomatoes
2-3 habanero pepper (bell peppers for a more mellow taste)
2 large jalapeño peppers
1/4 chopped red onion
2 tbsp chopped cilantro
1/2 tbsp cumin
1/2 tbsp garlic
1/4 tbsp cayenne
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp butter
- Heat skillet to a medium-high heat
- Chop all your peppers, onion, and tomatoes
- Melt 1 tbsp of butter in skillet and then add all chopped ingredients until sautéed
- Add ground beef or turkey. Brown with cumin, cayenne, and garlic. Drain.
- Also, drain black beans and corn in a strainer
- Add beans and corn to skillet and top with freshly squeezed lime juice.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes
- Sprinkle in cilantro and cheese of your choice
Serve this with chips as a dip, on tortillas for a burrito, make a lettuce wrap, or put this in taco shells with sour cream
Pair this with a frozen margarita if you are feeling fancy ✌🏼️🍹🌶
I hope you find this recipe to be easy and delicious. May you now have a reason to celebrate Taco Tuesday! E N J O Y! ❤️